Cleansing & Clearing Gemstones August 30, 2016 – Posted in: gemstones – Tags: cleansing crystals, cleansing gems
Gems or crystals can be used interchangeably for healing purposes. They are commonly chosen to aid specific ailments but many people find that they don’t choose their gem or crystal, it chooses them. While casually perusing gems and crystals you may find that a particular item draws you to it. Follow your instincts. Your body needs all 7 color rays: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet; and you may unconsciously be drawn to the gems or crystals that is most appropriate for you. Alternatively, you may choose a gem or crystal that relates to one of your energy centers or chakras that is in need of clearing, balancing or enhancing.
(information above compliments of ThaiGem.com)
Before you start to use your crystals you should cleanse them. This removes any negative energy or vibrations from others who may have handled them. There are several easy ways to cleanse your crystals:
- Soaking: Soak your gemstone or crystal in one cup of sea salt dissolved in one quart of purified or spring water. Meditate and ask that the crystal be cleared. Soak from 15 minutes to one full day in a glass bowl.
- Sunshine: Place your gemstone or crystal in direct sunlight for at least 4 hours. Meditate and ask that the crystal be cleared.
- Moonlight: Place your gemstone or crystal in direct moonlight for at least 4 hours. Meditate and ask that the crystal be cleared.
- Sage Smudging: Hold your gemstone or crystal over a burning sage wand and the smoke will smudge the gem or crystal and clear the energy inside. Once you feel that the gem or crystal is clear of any unwanted energies simply place under running water and allow to dry naturally.
- Burying: Wrap your gem or crystal in cotton, silk or linen and bury it in a place you feel comfortable. Leave at least 24 hours.
Cleansing can be done using just one of these methods or a combination of them. After cleansing you should never let anyone touch your crystals. Cleanse the stone again if you feel that your stone has become dull or drained or if you use it regularly.
Wear your Blessings with unique handmade jewelry